At MGS Mfg. Group, we are an engineering house, a toolmaker, a blow molder, an injection molder, and a custom machine builder all under one company. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible.
Due to continued growth, we have an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Engineer for our UMS division. Universal Multishot SystemsTM (UMS) is a subsidiary of the MGS Mfg. Group. Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, UMS specializes in designing and building custom molding and automation equipment, including portable injection units and rotary platens.
The Field Service Engineer will provide on-site machine installation, troubleshooting, repair and training for our domestic and international customers. It is expected that the Field Service Engineer will exceed our customers expectations whenever possible.
Essential Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic drawings and schematic prints.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic mechanical functions per machine capabilities in field at customer production sites.
- Conduct training with customers personnel to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Perform field service repair, installation and start-up of machines, including but not limited to complete electrical and hydraulic integration.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documenting of all service related activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLCs and drives.
- Provide customer service technical phone support.
- Assist in mechanical/electrical assembly and testing of equipment to meet scheduled deliveries.
- Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the satisfaction of the assigned supervisor. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience and Training
The completion of an accredited two-year associates degree and or Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent accrued experience and on-the-job training. Five years of experience in injection molding or die casting industry. Previous Plastic processing experience is a plus. Must possess a valid drivers license and have (or be able to obtain) a current passport.
- Projects a positive attitude with customers and co-workers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating effectively using professional e-mail etiquette
- Solid analytic, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task.
Ability To read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Strong communications, analytical and computer skills are a requirement. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook. Specific experience programming industrial programmable logic controllers, experience with Allen-Bradley/Rockwell platforms a plus.
Knowledge of Pro-E, AutoCAD, Solidworks, or Autodesk Inventor is helpful but not required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and perform advanced mathematical functions using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals in both English and Metric systems are required.
Ability to define problems, collects and performs advanced analysis of data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a regular, daily basis. Must be able to climb around on equipment up to 20 feet in the air. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level can be occasionally loud. Must be able to travel overnight 50% or more domestically and internationally. Must be able to travel on short-notice and for indefinite periods of time for up to three week periods.