Contact Us:We are a great source in online recruiting for Plastic Molding Jobs. Post your Resume to MoldingCareers.com!
Go back to the Job List
Molding Jobs / Plastics EngineerPosted by: Merit Medical
Posted date: 2012-Jul-08
Location: South Jordan, Utah
South Jordan, Utah
PLASTIC MOLDING JOBS SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Performs complex technical work such as the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems under broad supervision and guidelines.
PLASTICS MOLDING JOBS ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard technical techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgement in making minor adaptations and modifications.
• Investigates a moderate number of technical variables in completing assignments that have clear and defined objectives.
• Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
• Works independently on standard projects while assistance is furnished on unusual problems.
• Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
• May supervise the work of technicians or others who assist in specific assignments and work jointly with other engineers.
• Performs work of some higher technical level for continuing training purposes.
• Works on special projects, writes ECN's, and creates prototypes under broad direction.
• May have authority over NCMR’S.
• Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
PLASTICS MOLDING JOBS ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. – local practice may apply.
• Color perception
• Depth perception
• Field of vision/peripheral
• Fine motor skills
• Chemical vapors
PLASTICS MOLDING JOBS SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Educational experience of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry with five years previous related experience, a Master’s Degree with three years previous related experience, or a Ph.D. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required for this position.
• Ability to apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
• Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
• Working knowledge of United States and international standards as applicable to the department.
PLASTICS MOLDING JOBS COMPETENCIES
• Scientific techniques/evaluation/selection/application
• Scientific variable analysis
• Supervisory assistance
• Special projects/ECN's/prototype creation
• NCMR causes/corrective actions/dispositions
PLASTICS MOLDING JOBS COMMENTS
Infectious Control Risk Category II:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures that may require exposure.
Internal candidates: Please log in to the employee services part of the Merit Metro and go under the "Merit Job Openings" button to view and apply to the opening. This can only be done while at work, not from home.
External candidates: Please submit an application on our website www.merit.com/careers then click browse current openings.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Merit currently has the following opening at its Corporate headquarters in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
PLASTICS MOLDING JOBS SEARCH LIST