Contact Us:We are a great source in online recruiting for Plastic Molding Jobs. Post your Resume to MoldingCareers.com!
Go back to the Job List
Plastics Injection Molding Jobs / Machine Operator - TemporaryPosted by: Merit Medical
Posted date: 2012-Jul-08
Location: South Jordan, Utah
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES OF PLASTICS INJECTION MOLDING JOBS
This position is responsible for cosmetic part quality, dimensional charting, paperwork completion, and submission of molded component lots to Quality Assurance for final audit approval.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED OF PLASTICS INJECTION MOLDING JOBS
• Performs start-up dimensions, as required.
• Submits daily lots to Quality Assurance for final audit.
• Packages and weighs the product and makes labels.
• Completes paperwork.
• Inspects parts visually and using measuring tools; documents results and ensures compliance to drawings and specifications; performs testing of products, as required.
• Anneals products as required by the router; documents information as outlined in the manufacturing process specification (MPS).
• Ensures that work areas, machines and equipment are clean and orderly.
• Makes computer entries.
• Assists in the training of new Molding Operators, as requested.
• Operates more than one molding machine, as required.
• Performs re-inspection, re-work, sorting and cleaning of plastic parts, as requested.
• Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS OF PLASTICS INJECTION MOLDING JOBS
• Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. – local practice may apply.
• Color perception
• Depth perception
• Field of vision/peripheral
• Fine motor skills
• Chemical vapors
• Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF PLASTICS INJECTION MOLDING JOBS
• Education and/or experience equivalent to a high school diploma.
• One year of manufacturing experience required.
• One year of molding experience preferred.
• Ability to read and understand written instructions.
• Ability to follow oral instructions.
• Ability to learn about and remember key information about parts molded in the department.
• Detail oriented.
• Good manual dexterity and the ability to perform manual tasks requiring some fine motor skills.
• Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
COMPETENCIES OF PLASTICS INJECTION MOLDING JOBS
• Start/stop molding equipment/auxiliary equipment
• Computer skills
• Annealing documentation
• Equipment/mold cleaning
• Process adjustments
BACK TO PLASTICS MOLDING JOBS