Contact Us:We are a great source in online recruiting for Plastic Molding Jobs. Post your Resume to MoldingCareers.com!
Go back to the Job List
Director Manufacturing - Extrusion Engineering JobsPosted by: Merit Medical Systems
Posted date: 2012-Jul-08
Location: Angleton, Texas
PLASTIC EXTRUSION MOLDING JOBS DESCRIPTION
Working in both the manufacturing and extusion areas provides management support and leadership for engineers and technicians, and provides the technical support for the manufacture of existing products and the growth and development of new products.
PLASTIC EXTRUSION MOLDING JOBS ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Provides the company with recommendations and decisions regarding manufacturing and extrusion engineering which have a positive financial impact on the company.
• Provides Merit with recommendations and decisions which uphold Merit's standards in providing quality product to the customer.
• Manages the Manufacturing and extrusion Engineers and Technicians in performing daily manufacturing engineering line support duties.
• Manages new product development projects from the Research & Development Department which are transfered to Manufacturing and extrusion, as well as major process improvement and automation projects.
• Works with various departments and is responsive to their needs.
• Develops capital plans and budgets for the Manufacturing Engineering Department.
• Appraises the performance of Engineers and Technicians to give the Engineering Department direction and motivation to meet organizational goals and objectives.
PLASTIC EXTRUSION MOLDING JOBS ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply
• Color perception
• Depth perception
• Field of vision/peripheral
• Fine motor skills
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE PLASTIC EXTRUSION MOLDING JOB
• Educational experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or any related field.
• Work related experience of at least four years in the disposable medical device manufacturing engineering industry, project management and experience producing extruded tubing for medical devices.
• Must have a minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing engineering environment.
• Must have a general knowledge of the medical device industry and the applications of Merit's products in the medical field.
• Must be able to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to accomplish organizational objectives effectively.
• Must be able to work as part of a management team and meet profitability goals efficiently.
• Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
PLASTIC EXTRUSION MOLDING JOBS COMPETENCIES
• Manufacturing/extrusion engineering decisions/financial impact
• Product quality
• New product development project management
• Budget/capital planning
• Supervisory process/performance evaluation/discipline/training
Search Plastics Molding Jobs