Contact Us:We are a great source in online recruiting for Plastic Molding Jobs. Post your Resume to MoldingCareers.com!
Go back to the Job List
Process Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding JobsPosted by: Entegee
Posted date: 2012-Jun-25
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Plastic Molding Jobs Description:
Perform molding related functions to assist in the manufacturing of existing products and the development of new products. Interacts with all divisions of Manufacturing and Development including: Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development, Tooling, Quality, Purchasing, and Product Management.
Plastic Molding Jobs Specifics:
• Provides plastic injection molding technical support to address and resolve any process issues.
• Leads and/or participates in continuous improvement activities targeted to facilitate improvements in
quality, productivity, and safety; and reductions in scrap and machine downtime.
• Manages, motivates, and leads Molding Process Technician(s) ensuring appropriate direction, training, and evaluation.
• Establishes and maintains injection molding process control and capability for all tools .
• Compiles data and analyzes past and current information in order to assist in the preparation of
• Determines the necessary documentation for start-up, production and facilitates the creation of
• Responsible for the specification and coordination of installation/start-up of new equipment, as
• Participates in review and approval of component designs, drawings, tooling and material selection
• Provides Design for Manufacturability feedback on new tool designs and tool modifications.
• Conducts initial mold trials to verify internal process and mold capabilities
• Works with the tool shop for tool repair and maintenance.
• Develops the criteria for in-line inspection, SPC charting and First article inspections
• Evaluates and offers key design inputs regarding post-molding parts handling systems.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Plastic Molding Jobs Requirements:
• BS degree in Engineering or technical field with 3+ years work experience.
• Significant hands-on engineering knowledge of plastic injection molding including part manufacturability, processing and tooling design.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with this type of work from another organization.
• Mold design experience that can understand how molds work in different situations, though plastics background is still something we will be looking at as well.
Plastic Jobs List