Contact Us:We are a great source in online recruiting for Plastic Molding Jobs. Post your Resume to MoldingCareers.com!
Go back to the Job List
Plastic Molding Process Engineer JobPosted by: Becton Dickinson
Posted date: 2012-Jun-20
Location: Holdrege, NE
Plastic Injection Molding Process Engineer Job - 1st Shift-OTH1010Y
BD is a leading global medical technology company that develops, manufactures and sells medical devices, instrument systems and reagents. The Company is dedicated to improving people's health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug delivery, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases and cancers, and advancing research, discovery and production of new drugs and vaccines. BD's capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world's most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs approximately 29,000 associates in approximately 50 countries throughout the world. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, the pharmaceutical industry and the general public. For more information, please visit www.bd.com.
Plan, coordinate and carry out projects in molding manufacturing. Validate new and existing molds and auxiliary equipment by establishing process parameters, implementing PM plans, training production associates and supporting the establishment of required materials and operations documents.
Support established processes by working with operations personnel to diagnose issues that cannot be solved by using basic troubleshooting techniques. Drive continuous improvement projects to reduce part costs by improving productivity and reducing scrap.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Plan, implement and coordinate improvements to existing molding equipment and processes.
2. Understand and apply decoupled/systematic molding techniques in establishing new and existing processes and general troubleshooting.
3. Support daily production by identifying chronic issues and problems that cannot be resolved by production associates.
4. Implement and coordinate all changes to existing molding processes by writing and approving required documentation.
5. Work with quality engineering personnel to improve existing procedures and measurement methods.
6. Function as a leader or team member on cross-functional teams to address assembly/customer quality issues.
7. Support continuous improvement activities by participating on CI teams, blitzes, 5S teams, Lean and 6 Sigma initiatives.
8. Identify and drive Cost Improvement Projects (CIP's) to completion.
9. Support the implementation of new processes and auxiliary equipment to the molding production area.
10. Write protocols for new and modified processes by coordinating acceptance criteria with the molding quality engineer and assembly engineering as required.
11. Understand DOE methodology and use in developing new process windows and identifying mold tooling and processing improvements.
12. Collect and statistically analyze data, and document results in process development, IQ and PQ completion reports.
13. Support the ECO process, including part drawing modifications, material specifications and all other related paperwork.
14. Specify and/or purchase molds, equipment, tooling, and fixtures for new and existing processes.
15. Support new product development by supporting molding development engineering, product/process design, quality assurance, and assembly production to identify potential issues in the molding process before it is scaled up in molding production.
16. Must complete assigned career development training programs, including Validation Practitioner, Molding Toolkit, Six Sigma Green Belt training.
Plastic Injection Molding Job Qualifications
- Well developed written and communication skills.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Must be able to work independently in a wide range of product and process development assignments which include the supporting of mold design, material testing, molding process improvements and press procurement.
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure associated with handling many project assignments simultaneously and be capable of meeting all projection program completion dates within the agreed framework.
- Must be able to work well with and direct others.
- Experience with mold flow software, AutoCad, Solid Works, Visio, MiniTab and MS Project.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- AS degree in one of above fields, plus 4 years of related experience.
- No degree with 8 years of related technical experience.
- Bachelor degree in an engineering field. Plastics, manufacturing or mechanical engineering degree preferred plus 2 years of related technical experience.
Experience:Two (2) to Eight (8) years of experience (depending on education level) in various engineering fields relating to molding, manufacturing, quality controls and process development
- Direct supervision of up to ten (10) technical associates