Contact Us:We are a great source in online recruiting for Plastic Molding Jobs. Post your Resume to MoldingCareers.com!
Go back to the Job List
Senior Packaging Engineer - Plastic Molding JobPosted by: Evergreen Packaging
Posted date: 2012-Jun-18
Location: Canton, NC
Senior Packaging Engineer-CAN0002C
Plastic Molding Job Description
Evergreen Packaging creates Fresh by Design™ fiber-based packaging solutions customized to deliver product freshness and brand distinction. We deliver fresh packaging solutions that help our customers delight consumers. We take a fresh approach, providing totally integrated, scientifically driven customized solutions, from paperboard, to proprietary barrier technology, to converting and equipment, focused on keeping products fresh from source to table. And we do it all with a proven commitment to sustainability.
The Innovation group at Evergreen Packaging is responsible for creating, developing and implementing innovative new packaging that meets our customers' needs and delights consumers.
The Sr Packaging Engineer is responsible for managing all technical aspects of multi-phased fiber-based packaging development projects from inception, planning, design, and manufacturing.
The Sr Packaging Engineer will: successfully complete engineering work in technology development, packaging design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and report presentations.
To be successful in this position, you will need to have a strong analytical mindset with a clear ability to structure your tasks. You have a clear communication style and understand the importance of sharing information. As part of a team, you are open to your team members' ideas and seek the cooperation of others. You are willing to take calculated risks, and recommend new approaches and ideas.
· Create innovative packaging solutions to meet market needs
· Successfully deliver packaging engineering tasks, process & product design and development, materials testing, and reports.
· Manage and coordinate area documentation for project progress, conduct risk assessment, assess test results and provide sound design recommendations
· Interface with marketing and scientists to provide and get feedback on concepts, performance of materials and products, generate project documentation and product/materials specifications
· Manage completion of testing for new products and existing design improvements.
· Work with different business units and proactively engage vendors in open innovation.
· Demonstrate ability to deliver high quality products needed by the consumers.
· As needed, train technicians and or interns.
Plastic Molding Job Qualifications
Proficient in MS Office software (e.g. Excel, Word, Power Point, Project ), CAD, rapid prototyping 3-D printing, and plus for other design software (e.g. Solid Works, ArtiosCAD, Instron, TOPS, etc)
Ability to interact professionally with customers and present information through written, verbal presentations.
Minimum 5-7 years of experience as a Packaging engineer in an R&D environment working in film forming, in any area such as extrusion, molding, blowing-molding, calendaring.
BA/BS Required. Packaging Engineering or related engineering discipline.
Will identify and manage third party consultants, service providers, and vendors.
Travel will be up to 40%