We are currently partnering with large engineering firm in Carlsbad seeking a Mechanical Engineer. This company specializes in consumer electronics, in particular, security systems.
This individual will design, analyze and troubleshoot the mechanical designs of a wide variety of product lines, from concept to manufacturing release. Requires close interaction with software, systems and electrical engineering functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with hardware, software and engineering personnel providing technical support and oversight of systems design and development projects.
- Manages project issues, budgets, and schedules
- Specifies and qualifies mechanical and electro-mechanical components
- Plans and conducts technical projects or phases of projects.
- Provides technical and operational leadership
- Performs competitive product (and intellectual property) analysis
- Defines, generates and reviews project requirements.
- Works with technicians and engineers developing and testing equipment, fixtures and systems.
- Solves technical problems employing solid scientific methods such as controlled experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to design with modular design concepts.
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings, and processes.
- Develop BOM’s, component, and assembly drawings to allow for a smooth introduction of new products from design to manufacturing.
- Broad knowledge in plastic injection molded part and sheet metal design and materials.
- Knowledge of die casting design, rubber molding, and other high volume manufacturing processes desired.
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping desired.
- BSME or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7+ years experience with plastic part and sheet metal design in a high volume electronics environment
- 3+ years 3-D Modeling experience. Solid Works a plus
Required Skills for Mechanical Engineer
- MECHANICAL ENGINEER DEGREE
- MECHANICAL ENGINEER DESIGN
- SOLIDWORKS PLASTIC ENGINEERING
- PLASTICS MANUFACTURING
- FULL LIFE CYCLE DEVELOPMENT
Join Aerotek, one of the leading providers of engineering and engineering support professionals in North America. Due to our growth, we''re constantly on the lookout for qualified professionals to place in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent placement positions across a number of different industries. We know it''s more than just your day-to-day responsibilities that can make or break a job. It''s the support you get. That''s the reason Aerotek offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, optical, 401k, and many more. Don''t put your career in the hands of just anyone, put it in the hands of a specialist. Join the Aerotek team! Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back To Plastic Jobs Lists
Share This Job With Friends
Follow Molding Careers