Contact Us:We are a great source in online recruiting for Plastic Molding Jobs. Post your Resume to MoldingCareers.com!
Go back to the Job List
Plastic Molding TechnicianPosted by: Merit Medical
Posted date: 2012-May-07
Location: South Jordan, Utah
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position provides advanced level of mold setup services, detail and problem solving. Develops solutions and alternatives to assigned molding problems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Ensures valid processes on mold machines, auxiliary equipment, and robots.
• Ensures that correct materials are utilized, safety checks are performed, and that room organization and clealiness is maintained.
• Troubleshoots throughout the molding process to ensure maximum machine utilization, production, and quality.
• Perform safety checks, cleaning of molds, greasing and other various maintenance tasks.
• Reads blue prints, electrical schematics, hydraulic schematics and ladder logic.
• Changes inserts and cores as required.
• Recommends improvements to molds and equipment.
• Trains molding operators in the safe operation of machines and equipment.
• Ensure that documents are filled out correctly.
• Stop production if there is a problem with the product, personnel safety or potential damage to the equipment and/or tool and process.
• Ensures that safety and housekeeping policies are followed.
• Ensures the following:
• Engineering and maintenance standards and procedures are followed.
• Molding MPS, GPS, QAP and standard operating procedures are followed.
• Assists supervisor in their absence by assigning work and ensuring the proper and efficient completion of assignments and processes.
• Provides supervisor input regarding employee work performance.
• May assist Mold Engineers in testing of repaired tools and/or the validation of new tools.
• Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma.
• Six years of molding experience, with two of those years in molding machine and tooling set-up.
• Ability to understand materials and processes, problem sources and the correction required.
• Ability to learn about and remember key information about parts molded in the department.
• Detail oriented.
• Good manual dexterity and the ability to perform manual tasks requiring some fine motor skills.
• Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
• Demonstrated team player attributes.
• Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
• Troubleshoot molding process problems
• Blue print/schematic comprehension
• Machine tool usage
• Equipment and component repair
• Equipment/tooling set-up/starting
• Mold cleaning/greasing/changes
• Mold insert and core changes
• Part documentation/maintenance
• Molded parts parameter processing
• Personnel training
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Merit currently has the following opening at its Corporate headquarters in South Jordan, Utah in our Security Department. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
View Larger Map
Plastic Injection Molding Jobs >>