Contact Us:We are a great source in online recruiting for Plastic Molding Jobs. Post your Resume to MoldingCareers.com!
Go back to the Job List
Injection Mold Repair Technician IIPosted by: Merit Medical
Posted date: 2012-May-07
Location: South Jordan, Utah
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Cleans, maintains and repairs molds used in molding manufacturing, and performs various molding machine maintenance tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Performs various mold maintenance tasks which include the following duties:
• Read blueprints.
• Uses hand and machine tools such as bench grinders, saws, sanders, welders, etc.
• Works with Scheduler and Molding Supervisor to support shift production.
• Cleans, greases, and changes molds (includes complete mold dis-assembly and re-assembly).
• Changes inserts and cores as required.
• Recommends improvements to molds and equipment.
• Performs minor modifications and repairs to molds.
• Catalogs and organizes spare parts.
• Trains molding technicians and leads in proper tooling dis-assembly, cleaning and change-over.
• Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Educational experience equivalent to a High School Diploma, with an Associates Degree preferred.
• Work related experience of three years, or an Associates Degree with one year work related experience.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain tools and other equipment neatly.
• Knowledge of mold maintenance and repair and injection molding machine maintenance and repair.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
• Ability to meet deadlines as production schedules dictate.
• Excellent manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
• Blue print/schematic comprehension
• Machine tool usage
• Equipment and component repairs/re-building
• Equipment/tooling set-up/starting
• Personnel training
• Mold cleaning/greasing/changes
• Mold insert and core changes
• Part documentation/maintenance
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
View Larger Map
Plastic Molding Jobs Search