Contact Us:We are a great source in online recruiting for Plastic Molding Jobs. Post your Resume to MoldingCareers.com!
Go back to the Job List
INJECTION MOLDING SPECIALISTPosted by: Axiom Consulting Pvt., Ltd.
Posted date: 2012-Apr-10
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
· Design, develop, engineer and trouble-shoot methods, materials and systems in packaging.
· Evaluate packaging materials, designs, processes, and equipment.
· May design or redesign components to reduce cost and complexity, or increase compatibility with manufacturing/automation or use.
· Design or redesign tooling for clients’ components based on consumer/manufacturing requirements and/or client/market needs.
· Create engineering specifications for packaging and tooling
· Responsible for taking basic bottle designs and providing mold engineering tasks to ensure successful full scale production worldwide.
· Work with component and structure suppliers, as well as production line engineers.
· May participate in brainstorming sessions with Axiom or client engineers, subject matter experts, or other project managers.
· Evaluate industrial engineers’ digital sketches of a new designs for material selection and viability of intended use.
· May organize production trial runs to qualify components and tooling for start up.
· May design simulated testing for virtual improvements.
· Provide informational reports and specifications for, optimization, global standardization and requirements for machinery/equipment at various client locations.
· Will be assigned to other duties and projects as necessary.
· Min. 5 years experience with injection molding/tooling
· Must have ability to design and develop tooling.
· Work experience with engineers responsible for packaging preferred
· Experience monitoring, evaluating, and reporting observations and recommendations for materials and production lines.
· Drive for Results
· Customer Focus
· Analytical Problem Solving
· Attention to Detail
· Communication, both oral and written
· Team Work
· Organizational Agility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
· Microsoft Office tools
· SolidWorks, Inventor, Pro-E or other 3D software
· In depth knowledge of injection molding and component parts
· Ability to work with team of 3D modeling and simulation experts
· Quality testing and improvement processes for rigid plastic packaging is a plus
· Knowledge of other packaging industries including corrugated, folding carton, metal, POP is a plus
· Understanding of the function of packaging as part of a larger supply chain and environmental optimization initiatives
WORKING LOCATIONS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
· Cincinnati based position
· Office locations of client and Axiom
· Will work around manufacturing lines
· Up to 15% travel, domestic and international
View Larger Map