Contact Us:We are a great source in online recruiting for Plastic Molding Jobs. Post your Resume to MoldingCareers.com!
Go back to the Job List
Blow Mold Process LeadPosted by: Igloo
Posted date: 2012-Apr-01
Location: Katy, TX
Proudly based in Katy Texas, Igloo Products Corporation has the largest market share and the highest brand awareness of any cooler company in the world. We are specialists from the factory floor to the dynamic field sales team and every function in between. We have earned the worldwide reputation as "The Authentic Cooler Company". For 64 years, Igloo has been committed to innovation, consumer insights, channel differentiation and high quality products.
We are building a cutting-edge team with the strongest talent at all levels.
• IglooŽ is the #1 Cooler brand in the World
• #1 Cooler brand used on Commercial worksites
• Almost three in every four U.S. households owns an Igloo cooler
• Igloo coolers are sold through over 15,000 outlets in the U.S. and around the world.
We care about improving the quality of life in the places where we live and work. We are committed to producing safe products and to being a good corporate steward of our environment. We are actively developing products that lessen the impact on our environment and provide our customers actionable ways to make eco-conscious purchase decisions.
If you are looking for a challenging career and an opportunity to work for one of America's best known brands for more than 64 years, Igloo is the organization for you.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• MUST HAVE BLOW MOLDING EXPERIENCE!
• Utilize properly the assigned manpower, material, equipment and space to perform in a profitable and efficient manner.
• Execute all activities within the scope of approved procedures and sets priorities necessary to accomplish pre-determined goals.
• Provide for the training of technicians and operators.
• Support shipping/receiving, production, QA, maintenance, and other functional areas supervision as required.
• Communicate quickly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Responsible for the operation, repair, and maintenance of high volume blow molding
• Supervise blow molding employees
• Must have own tools
• Operate crane to replace molds
• Forklift to molds
• Complete paperwork
• Responsible for mold change and machine adjustments
• Start/shut down machines
• Conduct minor repairs and change inserts
• Give breaks on all machines and foaming areas
• Monitor production quantities for color change, mold change and product completions
• Ensure the production is running in an efficient manner, quality the first time
• Read Oracle reporting
• Assure compliance of all subordinates (Relief/Machine Operator, Material Handler) with safety rules and regulations within the assigned cell in an effort to reduce occurrence of accidents and loss time in the work place.
• Promote, attain, and maintain safety, quality, and environmental awareness and requirements in the area of responsibility.
• Maintain acceptable level of housekeeping by 5S standards in the assigned work area.
• Identify and resolve issues in the assigned cell regarding equipment, machines, personnel, process, training and materials, which conflict in obtaining maximum quality of production and efficiencies.
• Monitor equipment in the assigned cell and write maintenance repair tickets in order to reduce spoilage (scrap), down time and ensure the maximum output of production while maintaining acceptable quality standards.
• Inspect machines hourly in the assigned cell to ensure production of acceptable quality parts to prevent mass production of defective or unacceptable parts (scrap).
• Maintain all machine boards in the assigned cell with current information to communicate machine status, targets and goals to subordinates (Relief / Machine Operator, Material Handler) and incoming shift Cell Leader.
• Instruct subordinates (Relief/Machine Operator, Material Handler) in the assigned cell to perform jobs necessary in obtaining maximum quality of production and efficiencies.
• Recommend methods to improve processes and practices, equipment performance and efficiency of operations.
• Accurately report daily shift performances, which include but not limited to safety, quality, labor hours, trutrack, production tickets, scrap, and first part approvals.
• Perform job responsibilities of Supervisor, Set-Up Tech or Relief due to absence or job re-assignment in maintaining departmental efficiency and quality of production.
• Perform all assignments given by Supervisors or Upper Management Team.
• Verification of production working documents.
• Verification of tooling, instructions on materials prior to use on assigned process.
SPECIFIC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Absolutely Must Have):
• Experience Minimum of 5 years of blow mold processing plastics experience
• Blow Molding processing and maintenance.
• Have a Full Understanding of the 5-S
GENERAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Education: High School Diploma or equivalency
• Supervisory skills: Minimum of 1 year in supervisory role
• Language skills: Must be able to speak and comprehend English
• Able to read and write English
• Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
• Willing to work 12-hour shift.
• Able to walk quickly and climb staiRS without an abnormal fear of heights.
• Able to wear a respirator.
• Able to lift a maximum of 40 lbs. up to 10 times per day during a 12 hour shift.
• Able to manipulate tools with both hands and stand for long periods during a 12 hour shift.
• Work Environment: Hot in summer months; cold during winter months
• Experience in machine start-up and shutdown.
• Mechanic aptitude
• Material Handling experience
• Must have Intermediate Level Computer Proficiency (MS Outlook, MS Word, Explorer, Excel)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
View Larger Map
Plastic Molding Jobs >>